Here are some helpful tips for brand looking to begin working with bloggers:
- Look for one of three criteria when determining whether to work with a blog:
about the traffic to their website, but you can get an idea by looking at their social media accounts.
You are looking for bloggers with at least 1500 twitter followers.
2. Gorgeous Photos- Finding bloggers with great numbers to work with can be tricky, but if a blogger
doesn't necessarily have the strongest following but has beautiful photos on his or her blog, this
could be a great blogger to work with. Try and ask for permission to use the photos in your own
promo materials if you can.
3. Key Influencer- Many editors maintain blogs and surprisingly not all of them have stellar traffic, but
working with a blogger who is also a media influencer and sending them free product can be a great
way to increase chances of coverage with the blogger's media outlet in the future.
- Develop a budget of how much product you will give away each month. 5-10 products should be reserved for bloggers each month.
- Make sure to follow up with bloggers after you send product, but never push to demand a write-up.
- Thank them when they post about your product.
- Make sure they hyperlink to your website because the back link will help with your search engine optimization.
Working with bloggers can often be difficult and frustrating and a few bad apples have made the whole bunch seem rotten. Bloggers have developed a reputation for diva-like behavior, demanding free product and fees for coverage and not following the same rules of ethics as traditional journalists. However, if you learn the ropes of how to work with them they can be a tremendous asset to the growth of your business. For more information or a quote from us on blogger outreach, contact us!